Saturday, September 24, 2011

Meet the Artist ~ Alan Maltz Fine Art Photographer ~ Key West, South Florida & Internationally Collected



The seasons are changing & South Florida has not only "Localism", or local spots, of value to the full time residents, but of benefit to part-time residents, & visitors as well. These are visitors reading, that are possibly considering making Florida their home, or at the minimal, wish to take back reminder that will assist in the furnishing of their new home or their present home. I would suggest these works in my profession. Some have found that they also make great professional gifts.

I have some very talented people that I have been fortunate enough to have past & present relationships. I would like to take the time to honor & introduce these special people that have been an intricate part of my history. Thus begins a series in my Blogs.

We have had a number of years working together in our careers when my husband & I owned our Fine Art Printing business. It is difficult to know where to begin with our extended family. It would bring great pleasure for me to for me to introduced you to Alan Maltz, Fine Art Photographer. My husband shares his passion. I would hope if you are in the Keys, or any one of the other Florida cities listed here or on his website, that you take the time to visit Alan's work or his wonderful Gallery

~ Alan Maltz Fine Art Photographer ~ Key West & South Florida ~ Internationally Collected

Out of his words & into mine, I am sharing the posting of his highlights of some of his website. The links are found below. Alan is one of those few rare & kind souls with an incredible talent. He has some amazing accomplishments. The rest speaks for itself. If you go, please tell him I said hello! :)

http://www.alanmaltz.com/projects/

http://www.alanmaltz.com/gallery/

http://www.alanmaltz.com/meet_the_artist/

Alan S. Maltz Gallery - The Fine Art of Photography

Meet the Artist

Alan S. Maltz

Renowned Fine Art Photographer Alan S. Maltz is a true romantic. The elusive nature of light influences and inspires him to create imagery that is both immediate and eternal, abstract and impressionistic. A 35mm Nikon camera and Fuji Velvia slide film (ASA 50) are his brush and palette. Whether photographing the allure of wildlife or the charms of daily life, this self-taught artist seldom uses filters to achieve virtuosity; instead, he follows the light. The result is a work of art that has the same visual impact as a fine oil painting.

Maltz has been designated the "Official Fine Art Photographer for the State of Florida" by VISIT FLORIDA and "The Official Wildlife Photographer of Florida" by the Wildlife Foundation of Florida. His art is represented in private, public and corporate collections throughout the world. Among them are: Bank of America Tower at International Place in Miami; Carter Presidential Library in Atlanta; The Ritz-Carlton in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; Suncoast Hospice in Clearwater, Fla., and Canson in Caen, France. Sixty of his fine art images are on permanent exhibition at the Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers. These commissioned, limited edition pieces hang in large format (72" x 52") and capture the allure of Lee County and celebrate the magic of everyday life in the natural world.

His acclaimed books have received numerous honors and recognition. Both Key West Color (1995) and Miami City of Dreams (1997) were named "Best Coffee Table Book of the Year" by the National Association of Independent Publishers. Florida... Beyond the Blue Horizon (2006) was selected as the "Official Welcome Gift for Super Bowl XLI" and received numerous awards, including "Best Florida Book for Adults" and "Best Interior Design" by the Florida Publishers Association. Governer Charlie Crist represents his state by presenting Florida... Beyond the Blue Horizon to dignitaries around the world. Maltz's latest book, Visions of Beauty — Fort Myers, Sanibel & Beyond... (2010), has already received much acclaim from the media, local government, corporate and private sectors of Lee County through a variety of high visibility promotions showcasing the destination in its best light.

National and regional publications have featured his work, including The New Yorker, Robb Report, US Airways magazine, Publishers Weekly, Philadelphia Inquirer, Miami Herald, New York Post, ARTnews, Newsday and O, The Oprah Magazine. Florida Monthly chose him as one of their "21 Most Intriguing Floridians."

The Alan S. Maltz Gallery and studio is located in Old Town Key West and features his cutting-edge fine art, innovative framing designs and published works. Alan and his family enjoy the tranquility of nature from their home in the lower Florida Keys.

Inner Visions - An Artist's Perspective

As far back as I can remember, I had a desire to express myself an artist. Yet whatever my talents might have been they remained hidden. Then one day in June while Helen Hayes was speaking at my college graduation, a voice from within spoke these words, "Pick up a camera." The message was clear and insistent. The following day I left for Europe and North Africa with some friends, my newly acquired camera in hand. After I reviewed the results of my first rolls of film, I realized my visual interpretation was unique. I had found my calling in life.

Photography for me expresses a natural, intuitive sense of knowing what to do and when to do it. Through the years I have perfected my technique, but my initial vision remains unchanged. The substance comes straight from the heart. I choose studies that are positive and uplifting, reflecting the joys of life. Sunsets and sunrises recur in my work like perennial bookends to my growing collection of images. My goal as a photographer is to capture the essence, the spirit of my vision in the most romantic light possible. The observer is invited to connect with the subject in a process intended to enlighten and inspire.

Although my work looks good over the sofa, I hope it accomplishes more. As an artist, I want to share a poetic interpretation of the beauty and mystique that surrounds us. In presenting the familiar at the most ideal, I reveal the fanciful as everyday occurrence. At best, I think my images open a door of perception that leads the viewer to see the world with new eyes.

Boutique

No comments:

Post a Comment