Sunday, October 16, 2011

I Love A Story Of Hope & I Feel This One Will Warm Your Hearts

Hope is such a magical word. We all exist on "hope" whether we admit it or not.... In these times hope is more important than ever to share & spread inspiration. Today was an unusual story of hope; I stumbled upon, as it was very unique and right in my own native state.

This story is of a young man that has served our country & endured incredible battles.

Discouraged Soldier

Humbled by the fact he had returned home & felt lost, only to find that he retraced his roots to the home he had "rebelled & left from" when he enlisted...as many youth do. This was where the story took a turn..

The path he takes after is a remarkable renewed appreciation for his roots & how he uses this to

help others find the hope that was gifted to him by his parents following his return. I have to thank Parade magazine for sharing this story today for me to share with you.http://www.parade.com/news/2011/10/hope-grows-here.html

This story led me to share it with my father, who in turn is going to share it with his American Legion post for support efforts. I also am sharing with you as who knows what other inspirations may stem from your reading & thoughts.

A Salute In Honor

I hope you enjoy & it warms your heart as it did mine! There are never enough ways to help our veterans & the "productive therapy" & "camaraderie" this shared was so moving emotionally. We often stretch our wings when we can be ourselves with nature. I have seen that happen even again recently with my daughter's move to a more "country" or nature zoned area of our region.

There is a tremendous message here in helping our veterans....but I also found that these veterans sent another message home (in my mind or JMHO) on what is a healthier way of life in considering the future....at least may be for my family.

I am grateful to them in so many ways, but this article just gave me another & my father another volunteer effort to explore!

These are the "many" efforts I found today:

www.veteransfarm.com

www.farmvetco.org

www.wvfv.net

www.ReMIND.org

www.hungrymotherorganics.com

I actually saw 'at least' 17 Farming Veteran organizations listed on the www.farmvetco.orgsite.

I am just so proud of Sgt. Adam Burke for what he has done right here in the state of Florida. I am wishing him an abundance of support.

I know I am a bit early....but I find this to be appropriate "every" day!! I am not going to wait to share this story.

Veteran's Day Flag

No comments:

Post a Comment