Sunday, September 25, 2011

"Graciousness" ~ When did the cross over happen??

On with the track of my positive spirit, I am determined to sustain - I wanted to share this quote today as a remembrance of our impact on each other. The blog started in my head with changes that I had witnessed between generations, as of late, and as a result of an encounter last week.

It was with someone younger than my daughter, in a "very" public setting. The thought then popped in my head, as it had many times before..."when did we cross over the balance beam from "graciousness" to "entitlement" socially?

"They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel." by --Carl Buchner

After these thoughts, plus the information from my friend on a corporate matter, I experienced the encounter. My brother followed up by inviting me to watch a movie that I suggest everyone in this industry (or any other one for that matter) to watch... It is on HBO - "Too Big To Fail".

http://www.hbo.com/movies/too-big-to-fail/inside/video/video/trailer

Seesaw of Corporations

Never, in history, can I remember someone worrying about "if" their real estate/home would wind up being worth less than what they paid for it.

Well that is not what led me to write this story.....


  • it was someone of another generation that showed me her style of "entitlement"

  • as well as another friends news of what may transpire of economic impact in the next few months that also is another display of "entitlement"...

It posed the question to me - "Entitlement" (or may be Narcissistic attitude) & "Graciousness" ~ When did the cross over happen??

"These are two separate issues", I said, but then.....I replied with, "are they??" (Yes, I answered myself)

crazy drawing

I highly recommend the movie!! I do ask the question, when did we cross over the balance beam? How can we correct this for future generations, as I am concerned for my children & now grandchildren??? (Goodness that list is getting so long!....)

I will close on a sunnier note: :)

You may wish to take a peek at this blog - it is not as it seems but I found does have inspiration some really nice thoughts.

http://www.marcandangel.com/2010/12/13/28-dignified-ways-to-impress-everyone-around-you/

How would you like to be remembered?? How can we help change the future to the positive for our children & grandchildren??

(I edited this down quite a bit & the rest will be released if necessary next March / April, depending on the news my friend shared....a difficult week it has been a few fronts) I look forward to your input :)

This is a search that I liked for "gracious"...... Hugs & Night. (images courtesy of Google, as well as the definition)

gra·cious (grshs)
adj.
1. Characterized by kindness and warm courtesy.
2. Characterized by tact and propriety: responded to the insult with gracious humor.
3. Of a merciful or compassionate nature.
4. Courteous; indulgent.
5. Characterized by charm or beauty; graceful.
6. Characterized by elegance and good taste: gracious living.
7. Archaic Enjoying favor or grace; acceptable or pleasing.
interj.
Used to express surprise or mild emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment